Guardian live Q&A: “A survival guide for budding journalists”
October 21, 2010 2 Comments
This afternoon a few of the Hacks are taking part in the Guardian careers chat – A survival guide for budding journalists…
There are lots of great panelists contributing to the chat so it is a fantastic chance to get some answers to any questions you might have as well as some useful tips for making it as a modern-day journalist. Just click the link above to get involved, we are sure you will get some helpful ideas even if they don’t necessarily come from us!
- Chris Wheal: freelance journalist, editor and trainer.
- Alex Masters: business intelligence editor for Foodnews magazine, a division of Informa.
- Riva Elliott: managing director of PMA Media Training.
- Sue Heseltine: head of the undergraduate journalism programme at Birmingham City University.
- Steve Harris: representing the NUJ Professional Training Committee.
- Steve Schifferes: professor of financial journalism at City University London.
- Laura Oliver: senior reporter with Journalism.co.uk, a news website for the journalism industry.
- Johanna Payton: freelance lifestyle journalist, author and copy writer.
- John Stepek: editor of weekly financial magazine MoneyWeek.